“Summer by the Sea”
Vintage Dance Holiday
Nahant, MA & Providence & Newport, RI
August 4-11, 2016
Moments In Time,
Vintage Victorian, and the
Nahant Historical Society present “Summer by the Sea,” an unforgettable
week of dancing and amusements in historic summer resort towns in Massachusetts and Rhode Island at enchanting period venues amidst refreshing ocean breezes.
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to experience a summer holiday as it might have been during the Victorian, Gilded, Ragtime & Jazz ages. Scroll
down for the prices and schedule of events. Register for the entire 8 days or choose either the Nahant Weekend or Rhode Island Holiday.
Last year we sold out so advance registration is strongly recommended!
Pricing, Registration, and Schedule for the Week
|SUMMER BY THE SEA TUITION & FEES
for a la carte pricing for just the Nahant Weekend
visit the Weekend’s homepage
- Full 8 Day Tuition: $875 per person ($895 after July 9).
- Nahant Weekend and Formal Dinner ONLY: $175 per person ($195 after July 25).
- Rhode Island Holiday Aug 8-11 ONLY: $725 per person ($750 after July 9).
- STUDENT, Nahant Weekend & Dinner ONLY: $100 per person ($120 after July 25).
- NOTE: Tuition price includes all classes, events, and many meals. Lodging is not included; we
have reserved room blocks near Nahant and in
Providence for your convenience; visit our lodging page
for more information.
We have a full schedule of fabulous period events, both day and evening, formal and informal, with fabulous
teachers, musicians, and venues that will make for an unforgettable Summer by the Sea.
- DAILY EVENT SCHEDULE
- Thursday August 4: Nahant, MA
- Formal Dinner and Dancing 7:00 - 11:00pm
- Friday August 5: Nahant, MA
- Costume Class: Arts & Crafts Embroidery with Sue Fischer 10:00 - 12:00noon
- Dance Class: Everything Ragtime Dance 101 with Idy Codington 1:00 - 2:15pm
- Vintage Bazar 2:30 - 4:30pm
- Seaside Soirée 7:00 - 10:30p
- Saturday August 6: Nahant, MA
- Costume Class: Costume Clinic with Katy Bishop & Friends 10:00 - 12:00noon
- Dance Class: Mazurka with Jeanette Watts 1:30 - 3:00pm
- Ballroom Basics Dance Class with Ben Bishop 3:15 - 4:45pm
- The Grand Ball: An Evening in Vienna 7:30 - 11:00pm
- Sunday August 7: Nahant, MA
- Concert: Gems of the Jane Austen Ballroom 1:00 - 2:30pm
- Afternoon Tea & Sandwiches with Lawn Games 2:30 - 4:00pm
- Informal Dancing 4:00 - 5:00pm
- Seaside Promenade 5:00 - 6:30pm
- Monday, August 8: Providence, RI
- Morning and afternoon on your own—travel between Nahant and Providence
- “Opening Night at the Biltmore,” 1920s Evening 8:00 - 11:00pm
- Tuesday, August 9: Providence, RI
- Dance Class: Bohemian National Polka with Martha Griffin 9:00 - 10:10am
- Dance Class: The French Quadrille with Marc Casslar 10:10 - 11:30am
- Lunch and Afternoon in the Park 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Gilded Age Ball 8:00 - 11:00pm
- Wednesday, August 10: Newport & Providence, RI
- Newport Outings on your own
- Lunch and Seaside Dance 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Silent Movie Gala 7:30 - 11:00pm
- Thursday, August 11: Providence & Bristol, RI
- Dance Class: Ragtime Dances with Martha Griffin 9:00 - 10:10am
- Dance Class: The Maxixe with Marc Casslar 10:10 - 11:30am
- Formal Dinner and Ragtime Ball 8:00 - 11:00pm
If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact us (email is best):
or call Katy at (781) 49-WALTZ (781-499-2589).
Register for the Nahant Weekend a la Carte
last updated 2 aug 2016/csb